Job Number 23062550
Job Category Property Leadership
Location AC Hotel Santiago, Calle Del Sol No, 32-34 La Zura 2, Santiago, Dominican Republic, Dominican Republic
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
AC Hotels by Marriott is part of Marriott’s portfolio of Lifestyle Brands in the select service tier. The AC Hotels by Marriott General Manager is the primary business leader and brand activator at their property. This role is responsible for all aspects of the operation, most importantly managing a team of dynamic individuals and rallying them around a service culture that leaves a lasting impression. The General Manager is also responsible for general property performance, beverage and food operations, and leading innovative property sales and marketing strategies with a focus on what’s trending in the local market. They ensure that all aspects of the hotel are profitable and generating revenue. He or she will also work to create an experience that is in tune with the property’s locale and empower associates to bring the AC Hotels experience to life for guests. This role is the k ey leader for reinforcing AC Hotels service culture, supporting the implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations and developing strong associate teams. To this end the General Manager will manage and conduct human resources activities with all their associates to keep them engaged and excited about the brand. This role will be able to gain the buy-in of owners and above property leaders to ensure effective development and implementation of property-wide strategies Finally, the general manager is a main point of connectivity from the hotel to the broader community around the hotel; they build relationships with key customers and businesses in the local area and are actively involved in the sales process.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 8 years’ experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 6 years’ experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Managing AC Hotels Operations and Department Budgets
• Ensures brand-specific service programs are in place and executed against.
• Provides timely feedback to management and hourly associates on service and operational standards, including feedback on even the smallest service and operational details.
• Manages the flow of labor between departments to achieve profitability goals and stay within staff budget guidelines.
• Creates and supports clear lines of responsibility for management team, including coverage and oversight throughout the day.
• Helps hotel team prepare for QA audits (i.e., daily and pre-visit activities).
• Reviews and follows-up on property Guest Voice scores and other social media travel site (e.g., Trip Advisor) comments.
• Acts as a project manager for the execution of capital improvements (e.g., renovations, reinventions, refreshes, signage, etc.).
• Keeps a visible presence all around the property to ensure public spaces, grounds, work and kitchen areas are clean and safe.
• Manages the implementation of major brand standards (e.g., HSIA, The AC Kitchen, The AC Lounge, meetings, etc.).
• Delegates responsibilities for operations and projects to appropriate level of associate.
Managing Beverage and Food Operations
• Monitors beverage and food forecasting and par levels to reduce waste and maximize profitability of the AC Kitchen and Lounge.
• Establishes and leverages local vendor relationships that align with the brand’s positioning and support beverage and food operational needs.
• Ensures bar, kitchen, and self-serve retail areas are well organized and inventoried, productive, clean, and safety
• Conducts periodic compliance audits with Heart of House associates to ensure they use job aids (HA checklist open and close, production charts, freezer pull check, Inventory ordering checklist, temp logs, mapping/zoning fridge, org of space, etc.)
• Provides coaching on operations and troubleshooting of Micros and other technology components within property common areas.
Managing and Sustaining Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Manages relationships with decision makers at top accounts.
• Engages in-house guests and locals to prospect for new sources of business.
• Collaborates with Continent/Area Marketing & eCommerce Managers to develop and/or sustain marketing and eCommerce strategies for the hotel.
• Identifies opportunity for local partnerships and promotions to drive non-hotel staying business to property
• Identifies and champions creative local marketing solutions that fit the brand and property needs.
• Coaches and reinforces selling strategies that take advantage of property features (e.g., flexible meeting areas, event space, AC Lounge).
• Develops innovative means for capturing new streams of revenue through property amenities.
• Initiates appropriate proactive independent sales and public relations activities to build awareness and generate demand.
• Leverages brand-wide social media and other digital channels to promote the hotel, AC Lounge, and other property features.
• Works with the Continent/Area Sales office to implement sales strategy for the property (e.g., goal setting, setting rates, etc.).
• Works with Market Sales to establish property sales strategy, goals, and action plans.
• Participates in the property sales review (PSR).
• Ensures direct sales staff fully utilizes e-tools (e.g., e-proposals, e-mail signatures), as appropriate.
• Identifies key revenue generating stakeholders and customers and communicates information to sales offices.
• Ensures all national and continent marketing programs (e.g., HSIA, etc.) are executed well in relevant departments.
• Participates in and hosts customer recognition events to drive brand awareness and sales
• Understands and leverages sales and marketing advantages over competitor properties within market.
• Monitors sales strategy with RSO to ensure ongoing effectiveness and compliance.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource activities
• Champions the AC Hotels’ brand’s service vision for product and service delivery.
• Facilitates on property activities that reinforce and enliven the AC Hotels culture with associates
• Actively recruits and hires qualified associates from in and outside the hospitality industry.
• Understands the performance expectations for all positions within the property (e.g. front desk associate, AC Bartender, etc.).
• Cascades or delivers training to associates.
• Builds rapport with employees by fostering an environment of open communication and treating all employees fairly.
• Facilitates cross training to support associate professional growth and operational excellence.
• Ensures ongoing development of managers (e.g., one on one coaching, providing stretch assignments, etc.).
• Monitors local hiring and compensation trends for like positions; ensures that the organization understands any change in fundamentals.
• Conducts performance review process for associates (LPP forms, career plan form, development plans, mid-year review, 90-day reviews, etc.).
• Supports recruitment efforts in brand-relevant sourcing channels (e.g., local job fairs, social media, referrals) to target associates with skill sets for the brand (e.g., beverage and food, lifestyle retail experience, etc.).
• Conducts day to day Human Resource transactions to support needs of the property (e.g., compensation actions, initiation and approval of hiring requisitions, movement of subordinates through phases of performance management cycle).
• Manages on-property controllable costs associated with rooms, housekeeping, events, and beverage and food operations.
• Measures, analyzes, and communicates property performance using a variety of financial and non-financial reports
• Updates and communicates profit forecasts to associates/managers
• Initiates action to achieve property revenue and profitability goals.
• Understands how beverage and food product variability can affect profitability and works with management team to maximize revenue generation when product changes.
• Reviews and signs off on invoices.
• Reviews Property Distribution Summary (OnDemand) and Purchase Detail Reports; identify, research, and resolve balance issues.
• Consolidates reports needed for period-end review (e.g., P&L, Accounting Scorecard, Banking Report and Statistics, PACE, credit card fraud report).
• Reviews property performance on period basis with Continent/Area leadership.
• Ensures compliance with Avendra.
Maintaining Revenue Management Goals
• Manages the relationship with the revenue management office (e.g., participate in routine calls, strategy meetings, update meetings, etc.).
• Reviews and works with appropriate revenue management reports (e.g., Demand Eye Chart, Benchmark Pricing Evaluator, Rate/Value Matrix, Smith Travel Research (STR) reports, etc.).
• Balances inventory to ensure same-day sellouts.
• Works with property teams to ensure revenue for AC Kitchen and Lounge meet or exceed projections
Managing Relationships with Property Stakeholders (e.g., Owner and Above Property)
• Keeps brand leadership team, owners, and above property stakeholders in the know with property financial, guest satisfaction, and associate engagement performance
• Prepares and presents reports for owners and above property leadership using financial/performance data
• Conducts property critiques and annual business reviews.
• Participates in ad hoc owner conference calls and respond appropriately to owner requests.
• Responds to off-property (e.g., continent and owner) requests for sales information (e.g., Market Outlook, STR Report critique, etc.).
• Manages e-mail.
• Manages daily paper mail.
• Participates in conference calls (e.g., sales, promotion, Q&A, property performance, etc.).
• Provides follow-up information to continent leadership and brand team(s).
• Prepares for Continent/Area Director visits (e.g., pulling and consolidating relevant reports).
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At AC Hotels, we believe attention to detail is the greatest form of generosity we can offer. Whether it’s the artful pour of a drink or the elegant line of a chaise, AC Hotels believes that if we have time to make it, we have time to make it beautiful. Our guests recognize and appreciate the edited beauty of AC Hotels. They feel connected to us through a shared concern for details. They enjoy feeling a part of our small, discrete, global tribe. In fact, the feeling of being among like-minded people is a significant part of the AC appeal.
We’re looking for cultural innovators to join our team. If you are someone who has an inner creativity and love for art, design and culture, then we invite you to explore a career with AC Hotels.